Welcome to Robin's Nest Nature Preschool!
We're so glad that you have decided to join our special community. New beginnings can bring up many questions for children and families, so we hope that this page can answer those questions for you and help you feel ready for, and acclimated to, nature preschool. However, please don't hesitate to contact us for more information.
How to Pack for the Nest
Thank you for thoughtfully preparing your child for school. Please keep the following recommendations in mind:
- Use a big bag vs. multiple small bags. Each child has a hook to hang their belongings for the day.
- Pack plenty of water in a large reusable bottle. We will refill your child's bottle throughout the day.
- Please avoid garbage in the snack and lunch you pack. That means using reusable containers vs. individual plastic packaging when possible.
- Always pack a change of clothes (two or three if it is wet outside), just in case.
- If you are potty-training, or if it's wet outside, please put a plastic bag in your backpack for the contained return of wet clothing!
How to Dress for the Nest
Your care and preparation are an important part of the environment we create together to support independence and success for children to grow and develop with confidence and to build self-esteem based on real accomplishments.
There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes. That's right, we feel we can dress to enjoy Mother Nature in almost any weather! Dangerous skies and below-zero temps do bring us inside, but otherwise, we recommend checking the weather and packing appropriately for the day.
Raingear: we recommend Oakiwear (get 15% off with code ROBINSNEST).
Boots: please choose a waterproof boot year-round, but insulated warmly for the winter. Our favorites are Bogs.
Water bottle: please use a reusable water bottle. We recommend Kleen Kanteen.
Stocking the Nest
While it is not required of any family or student, Robin's Nest gratefully accepts donations of the following items year-round:
- All-natural non-toxic hand soap
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Peterborough Town blue trash bags
- Crayola crayons and watercolors
- Industrial Rugs for doorways (size: 3x5)
- Wide-mouth Mason Jars (Quart size)
- Nets for the stream